Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mitten Mixed-Up Sentences - Literacy Center

One of my wonderful teammates shared this idea with me. It worked very well, especially for my students that are a bit more active. Students picked a bag of mittens (made of construction paper), put the mittens in order to make a sentence, wrote the sentence down, and then put the mittens away and got another bag.  She shared the mittens, clothespins, and clothesline with me. I am so lucky to work with a great team!


I have put the directions, mittens, and recording sheet together in a file. Click here for a free copy.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Super cute idea. but just one question, what happens to the mittens after they go? Do you unclip them and put them back in the bag? How would you manage this with 20 kids?

    Thanks
    Vanessa
    Kinderloves

    ReplyDelete